WHAT TO EXPECT PARAGLIDING IN SWITZERLAND
When you paraglide in Switzerland, you can expect both a thrill and to be completely blown away and struck with awe by nature’s beauty. The first thing that caught my eye in Switzerland was the parachutes that sprinkled the sky. Throughout the entire day, you see the parachutes lighting up the sky. Seeking a thrill and an adventure, I signed up immediately.
I wasn’t nervous; it’s not like I was jumping out of an airplane or anything. However, the day of the jump I realized I had to basically “run off a cliff” and then realized I had no idea what I was actually doing. This stirred the tiniest bit of panic and anxiety in me. Only a little though, not enough to change my mind. I battled through those negative feelings and now this is an adventure that I checked off my bucket list.
What to Know When Paragliding in Switzerland:
- Don’t wear shorts. You are wearing a harness, so you want to wear something comfortable that isn’t riding up in every direction.
- Wear clothes you want to take pictures in.
- Choose a place with beautiful scenery, one that is impossible to forget.
- Purchase the photo/video footage at least once. The views in Switzerland were too stunning to pass up.
- No, I promise you aren’t actually running off of a cliff. You more or less walk down a hill and the wind catches your parachute and poof. Off you go!
- Be prepared for super cool, scruffy guides. I tend to get really chatty when I’m nervous, which has led to many outlandish conversations with total strangers. (Making for great travel stories).
- Take a breath and take in the sights. All too often we get caught up in capturing the perfect picture for just the right moment and we miss the beauty around us.
- Appreciate. While you’re flying through the air, take the time to appreciate it all and be present in the moment. Be fully engaged with all of your surroundings.
Tell me in the comments below your experience with paragliding. Did you love it or hate it? Was it scary or too tame for you? Did you find the location made the difference on your experience? I am excited to hear your stories!